Do you have what it takes to be inspire educators bringing computer science into their classroom with Coding in Minecraft?
Prodigy Learning is actively seeking a dynamic and ambitious individual to join our award-winning global EdTech (education technology) business as part of our growing team across the globe. Be part of a fast-growing business providing innovative platforms that enable learners to develop & prove their skills.
The Product Specialist – Coding in Minecraft will plan, develop and host virtual and in person Coding in Minecraft training and onboarding sessions and contribute to the awareness and growth of this award-winning computer science credential product.
Reporting to the Product Manager, this role would ideally suit an educator or trainer with Minecraft Education experience looking to progress their career and join a team revolutionizing the delivery of coding and computer science in classrooms across the US. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing team with progression opportunities within the Product team, US business or overseas.
If you like the sound of working alongside #TeamProdigy transforming the delivery of computer science through game based learning, then this is the role for you.
- Customer Success & Training (60%)
- Plan, develop, maintain and host virtual and in-person Coding in Minecraft educator training (train the trainer), onboarding, and information sessions
- Manage and develop relationships with key external stakeholders to:
- Plan deployment of product and training/onboarding with volume (State) customers
- Provide regular metrics and utilization reports to volume customers
- Grow the uptake of the product and increase utilization with volume customers
- Build the Coding in Minecraft educator community and gather success stories
- Curate relevant content for the monthly Coding in Minecraft customer newsletter (working closely with Marketing and the Product Manager)
- Development of content for customer specific micro-sites (standards alignment, FAQs etc)
- Provide monthly reports to management on KPIs
- Product Development (20%)
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the product including curriculum development and assessment design and development
- Support quality assurance on any product related development
- Work with current / prospective state or national customers to align the product to their computer science standards
- Product Ambassador (15%)
- Attend/present the product at education conferences, trade shows and promotional events (either in person or virtual) as required
- Support the sales team and partners by providing virtual/in-person demos of the product to prospective customers
- Other Duties as Assigned (5%)
- Customer Success & Training (60%)
- Enjoy working closely with education customers & a passion for computer science / coding
- Passion for and knowledge of Minecraft Education and game-based learning
- Ability to create and maintain long-term relationships with education customers (at school, district & state level)
- Excellent in-person and virtual training skills
- Self-Motivated – able to work independently to achieve Company and individual goals
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), time management and presentation skills
- Attention to Detail
Experience & Qualifications
- 3+ years relevant classroom experience as an educator / trainer essential
- Minecraft Certified Trainer and/or Global Mentor preferred
- Bachelor/Masters in Education, Computer Science, or related field
- 2+ years experience of delivering virtual and in person training events in Microsoft technologies
- Track record of effectively collaborating across teams and time zones to drive clarity and business outcomes
- Experience of Industry certifications such as Microsoft Certified Fundamentals / Microsoft Certified Professional an advantage
Prodigy Learning has offices in Ireland, UK, Australia and the United States. This role will predominantly be remote (work from home) with travel to meet customers and host training events and support business activities. An individual who is based on the US East Coast, preferably around the Carolina’s or Florida is desired but not essential. Flexibility with working hours will be required to meet the activities of a global EdTech organization.
Salary & Benefits
- Full-time role with attractive package commensurate to experience (Base + Bonus)
- Attractive continuous professional development & progression opportunities
- Unique opportunity to work with leading technology industry vendors
- Annual company-wide Kick Off & team awards celebration event
- Generous annual leave & day off on your birthday
In this role you will be expected to provide a high level of customer satisfaction and maintain a high level of usage of the product in accordance with internal KPI’s around the utilization and customer satisfaction with the product and any training.
About Prodigy Learning
Prodigy Learning is an award-winning global EdTech business, providing innovative online platforms that empower learners to develop and prove their skills. These solutions range from skills assessments in education through to job-ready digital skills credentials.
Established in 2000, the Company now serves >4,000 education customers worldwide from offices in Dublin (Ireland), London (United Kingdom), Sydney (Australia) and New York (United States).
On #TeamProdigy you can impact how these customers improve learning outcomes and opportunities for their students, employees and community. The Company is internationally recognized for its work in the online digital skills and assessment platforms. Our latest generation online assessment platform “skillify” and online Computer Science credential program “Coding in Minecraft” recently won ‘ICT-Platforms and Applications’ category at the 2020 EducationInvestor Awards (one of the UK’s most prestigious EdTech awards) and more recently the ‘Best Formative Assessment Product’ at the International eAssessement Association annual awards ceremony (June 2021). “Coding in Minecraft” was also one of only two assessment tools awarded the ISTE Seal in the launch group announced at ISTELive23 (June 2023).
To learn more, visit www.prodigylearning.com.
Prodigy Learning is an equal opportunities employer and considers all candidates on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications reflecting our commitment to inclusion and diversity. We thank all candidates in advance and note that only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.
Recruitment Agencies: Please note that this opening is currently being managed directly by the Prodigy Learning team. Your respect for our process is appreciated.