Prodigy Learning and Certiport are delighted to announce the availability of the first Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification exams for Office 2016. Word and Excel are now available with PowerPoint launching in late July.
The new MOS exams have a new improved format. By migrating from a single, large project for the certification exam (MOS 2013) to multiple, smaller projects, Certiport has made the newest MOS a much more powerful instrument for assessing student skills.
Students and teachers will now be able to devote more time to practicing and mastering on the specific skills tested in each smaller project. This improvement allows students to focus their studies and enhance the learning process. It also allows the exams to test skills more broadly and deeply.
from expert advisors and teachers has been incorporated to improve
certification exams and make them stronger tools for assessment and
students preparation including:
- Revised instructions to avoid command & function names, requiring a deeper understanding of functionality
- More objective domains incorporated across the different exam forms
- Real-world context for exam content
- Performance-based format for improved aptitude testing
MOS 2016 Exams & Master Certification
MOS 2016 exams are currently planned for Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Word Expert and Excel Expert. Objective domains for the new MOS 2016 certifications are available for download at the bottom of this page. MOS 2016 will require only four exams to earn MOS Master:
- Required: MOS 2016 Word Expert
- Required: MOS 2016 Excel Expert
- Required: MOS 2016 PowerPoint
- Elective: MOS 2016 Access OR MOS 2016 Outlook
MOS Word Expert and Excel Expert certification will each only require one exam for MOS 2016.
Digital badging is available for MOS 2016. Acclaim digital badges allow you to show your employers, colleagues, family and friends the skills you’ve demonstrated by passing the MOS 2013 certification exams. Digital badges can be shared on online platforms, such as LinkedIn and Facebook’s social media profiles.
Key Learning Solutions for MOS 2016 are already available with more to follow including:
- GMetrix Practice Tests for Word and Excel 2016 are available now. PowerPoint and Access are to follow in July with Outlook scheduled for August and Expert exams shortly thereafter.
- MOAC eBooks for Office 2016 are available now (included in Microsoft Imagine Academy subscription or for purchase individually). MOAC is designed to cover all the learning objectives of the MOS exams.
- Learning Kits from Prodigy Learning will be available in late 2016.