The Microsoft Office Specialist World Championship is a global competition that tests students’ skills on Microsoft Office applications.
Two UK Champions (students with the highest exam scores in MOS Word and Excel and lowest exam-taking times from schools across the UK) are invited to represent the UK and compete at the World Championship annually. In 2014, the World Championship is being held in Anaheim, California, USA from July 27th to July 30th.
The UK has a great recent history in the MOS World Championship with 2 World Champions in 3 years. Last year in Washington D.C. Kieran Youngman (from Sawtry Community College) was crowned World Champion for MOS Word and in San Diego in 2011, Rebecca Rickwood (also from Sawtry Community College) was crowned World Champion for MOS Excel.
UPDATE (8th July): UK Champions Announced
2014 UK Champions for MOS Word and Excel have been confirmed and will
represent the United Kingdom at the 2014 Microsoft Office World
Championship. The winners are:
- MOS Word UK Champion: Hannah Wilson from Sawtry Community College
- MOS Excel UK Champion: Zachary Mustin from Chilton Cantelo School
Congratulations to the UK Champions, their Schools and their Teachers for a fantastic achievement. The UK Champions have won the trip of a lifetime to fly the flag for the U.K. at the World Championship in Anaheim later this summer. We wish them the best of luck!
Prodigy Learning would like to take this opportunity to thank all Schools, Teachers (and Students) who participated in this year’s MOS World Championship in the U.K. – there was record participation and some very high scores so well done to all involved!
2013 World Championship Highlights
The 2014 UK Champions (one each for MOS Word and Excel) will be chosen using the “top-score method”
(highest exam score and lowest exam-taking time). To participate*,
students at UK schools must take and pass one of the following exams
between February 1st and June 1st 2014:
- Microsoft Office Specialist Word (2007 or 2010)
- Microsoft Office Specialist Excel (2007 or 2010)
Benefits to School
- Create Excitement and Fun by organising a “MOS Test Fest“
- Offer all your Students the opportunity to get a Microsoft Qualification
- Deliver over 250 exams and receive a “Centre of Excellence” plaque
Benefits to Students
- TRIP OF A LIFETIME to California, USA for TWO UK STUDENTS
- Put MICROSOFT OFFICE SPECIALIST on your C.V.
- WIN UP TO $5,000 IN PRIZE MONEY
*Terms and Conditions Apply. To compete in the final round of the Competition, students must be enrolled in an approved, accredited learning institution in the United Kingdom and be between the ages of 13 and 22 (as of June 15, 2014). For more information and detailed Terms and Conditions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.