CertMatters.Live, Prodigy Learning’s annual educator professional development event was held on June 14, 2019 at The British Library, during London Tech Week in partnership with our Headline Sponsor – Microsoft.
CertMatters.Live brought together educators to listen, learn and collaborate with peers who share a passion for digital skills and certifications to improve education and student outcomes. It was an inspiring day with impactful keynotes from Microsoft & Adobe, seven fantastic customer best practice speaker sessions, a panel discussion with Industry Leaders from Microsoft, Adobe, Autodesk, Certiport and GMetrix and much more.
Save The Date
CertMatters.Live 2020 will take place on June 12, 2020 in London and is not to be missed, make sure to add to your calendars.
CertMatters.Live 2019 Highlights
Highlights from this year’s celebration of Digital Skills & Certifications include…
1. Inspiring keynotes from Microsoft and Adobe delivered by Chris Rothwell, Director of Education, Microsoft UK and Tacy Trowbridge, Head of Global Education Programs, Adobe. Both highlighted the growing global skills gap and the importance of digital skills from computer science and AI to creativity to be embedded in education from an early age in order to prepare students to succeed in future jobs.
2. Speaker Sessions delivered by customers highlighting best practices embedding Adobe, Autodesk, ESB and Microsoft certifications in primary, secondary, further and higher education across the UK & Ireland.
Presentations for each keynote and speaker session
can be found beneath session titles on website HERE
3. A highly interactive and insightful Panel Discussion, ‘Securing Jobs in Tech with Perfect CV’ with Industry Leading Experts from Microsoft, Adobe, Apple, Autodesk, GMetrix and Certiport, arming educators with powerful, key take – aways to bring back to their classrooms.
4. Exclusive Minecraft:EE Workshop led by experienced Global Minecraft Mentor, James Protheroe which leveraged the power of Minecraft to enhance the learning experience for learners of any age. James introduced educators to the world of Minecraft: Education Edition and the wealth of resources available for free for all curriculum areas and age ranges.
6. Impactful keynote from Ben Ryan
, Founder, Ambionics – the ACA UK Charity Partner 2019,
with his story ensuring not a dry eye was left in the British Library.
MOS Four Nations and ACA UK & Ireland Championship
Prodigy Learning invite the BEST of the BEST Microsoft Office and Adobe Design students from across the UK & Ireland to compete in the Microsoft MOS Four Nations and Adobe ACA UK & Ireland Championship Finals at CertMatters.Live.
3 MOS Champions and the ACA Champion each won the trip of a lifetime to represent UK & Ireland in the Certiport World Championship Finals in New York, July 28-31, 2019.
Introducing the MOS4N UK & Ireland Champions:
- Word Champion: Amelia Robertson, Denmark Road High School
- PowerPoint: Mark Cooper, Warwick University
- Excel: Adam Drummond, St Ninian’s High School
Introducing the Adobe ACA UK & Ireland Champion:
- William Core, Coventry University
Prodigy Learning would like to thank our partners, speakers, customers and student finalists for making CertMatters.Live 2019 an incredible success.
Particular thanks to ….
- 2019 Headline Sponsor Microsoft Education UK.
- Adobe ACA UK Championship Charity Partner: Ben Ryan, Ambionics
- #TEAMPRODIGY for all hard work preparing and delivering the event!
CertMatters.Live Photo Albums & Social Conversation
For a full selection of images from CertMatters.Live please click here
There were many highlights throughout the day and huge social engagement with CertMatters.Live attendees using #CMLive19 which have been collated and is in our Twitter Moment collection